Disruption due to broken rail between Maryland and Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
Commuters face delays of up to 20 minutes this morning due to a broken rail between Maryland and Forest Gate.
Emergency engineering work is taking place to rectify the problem, which is affecting TfL Rail services between Liverpool Street and Shenfield as well as longer distance Abellio Greater Anglia trains.
Some services are being revised or cancelled at short notice due to a reduction in the number of available lines through the area.
Ticket acceptance is currently in place on the Underground, Overground, DLR and buses for Abellio Greater Anglia passengers only.
Customers travelling from Manor Park, Forest Gate and Maryland stations are advised to use local buses.
Disruption is expected to continue until around 1pm.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 5 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 6 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 7 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 8 Late Maupay equaliser holds West Ham to Brighton draw
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex