Discover Centre in Stratford launches children’s writing competition
A children’s activity centre in Stratford has launched a creative writing contest for Newham schoolchildren.
Discover Children’s Story Centre on High Street and the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green have teamed up with parenting website Yano.co.uk, to launch a new creative writing competition specifically for children.
A panel of award-winning children’s authors and writers will judge a new national creative writing competition.
Children across the UK and Ireland will be encouraged to submit original writing entitled ‘My Most Amazing Adventure Ever.’
The initiative, launched by parenting site Yano.co.uk, aims to encourage more parent child interaction via playful fun and learning.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, children are asked to write a poem or story on the given theme, no longer than 1,500 words, about anything and anybody they wish, incorporating their own enchanting worlds full of mystical characters, places, planets, animals and colours.
Winners will be selected by a renowned panel of award-winning children’s authors and writers, including Helen Cooper, (Pumpkin Soup); Kristina Stephenson (Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and The Really Big Adventure); Nii Parkes (Tail of a Bluebird); Claire Steele (Creative Writer and Former Judge of The Guardian’s First Book Prize) and Melanie Goose, editor of Yano.co.uk.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 7 Commission set up to explore future of special needs provision in Newham
- 8 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 9 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
The competition is open to three age brackets; four to five year olds; six to seven year olds and eight to nine year olds.
The judging panel will select a winner from each age group and an overall winner, picked from the three winners and each winner will receive a selection of books from Parragon including some signed copies and a gift voucher worth �100 from Blackwell Booksellers.
The overall winner will receive a �500 voucher from LateRooms, to use towards a family break.
To enter, visit www.yano.co.uk for further information and all stories must be submitted by the end of October.