Discount store opens at former Beckton Boots site
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s fastest-growing discount retailers has opened a new store in Beckton, creating 60 jobs.
Representatives from nearby Richard House Children’s Hospice cut the ribbon at the former Boots in the Triangle Retail Park on Thursday last week.
As well as taking part in the opening ceremony, the hospice also received £250 worth of vouchers to spend instore, as a thank you for their participation.
Council chair Cllr Joy Laguda, MBE, also helped ensure the day was a memorable one.
Store manager Luke Emin said: “We’re really please to create even more jobs in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“Feedback on the store has been really positive so far and shoppers seem really impressed with the range of products we’re stocking.”
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 4 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 5 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans