Dine at home, help Beckton hospice
Newham residents are being urged to abandon takeaways in favour of home cooked food to raise money for a children’s hospice.
Richard House Children’s Hospice is asking the great British cooking public, to set up their own Dine at Mine fundraising event.
The idea is simple: Pick a three-course meal you’d like to cook for your friends, buy the ingredients, invite everyone over and “voila” you can show off your abilities like never before.
It’s easy to raise money, too. Just ask for donations from each friend and then pass the responsibility to the next cook the following week. Suggested donations from each guest range from �10 to �25 for each meal.
Ben Alonso, community and events fundraiser at Richard House, said: “It’s so often the case that we don’t get the chance to cook properly because we’re either late home from work or we just don’t have the inclination.
You may also want to watch:
“Dine at Mine will give you the chance to show that you really can cook. We all have a signature dish and we’d all like our friends to know that we can make great food.
“Do this while raising money for an amazing course. Richard House supports almost 300 families who are caring for children with a range of life-limiting and life-threatening conditions.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
You can take part in Dine at Mine at any time of the year. Call Ben on 020 7540 0230 or email him at BenA@richardhouse.org.uk for an information pack.