Digital car store opens in Stratford
- Credit: Archant
A new pioneering digital car shop has opened in a Stratford shopping centre.
Hyundai and Rockar unveiled their 250sq m store on the lower ground floor of Westfield Stratford City on Wednesday, with five models on display including the Hyundai Tucson, i20 and i10.
The layout, designed by creative agency Dalziel and Pow, features 45 digital screens and two browsing tables with 11 interactive 21-inch touchscreen tablets, allowing customers to browse the range, book on-site test-drives and even buy a car in just five minutes.
The opening follows the success of the partnership’s first store in Dartford’s Bluewater Shopping Centre, in Kent, which has seen 163,000 visitors in the past year.
Simon Dixon, CEO and founder of Rockar, said: “My vision was to turn the traditional approach to car buying on its head with Rockar, and I’m absolutely delighted to have achieved this and to be opening a second Rockar Hyundai store in Westfield Stratford.
You may also want to watch:
“It has always been imperative that the customer is truly at the heart of Rockar and we’ve therefore utilised our leanings from the first store in Bluewater for our new site.” A fleet of 20 cars are available for test drives from the shopping centre’s car park atrium while the store’s servicing department allows existing Hyundai customers to get their vehicles seen to, while they shop.
Visit rockar.com for more information.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing