Dickson could be back for Orient at Oldham
Defender stands by to make a return
Orient could have defender Ryan Dickson back for their game at Oldham Athletic tonight.
The left-back, on loan from Southampton, has missed the last seven matches with a thigh injury, but O’s boss Russell Slade said: “We hope that him and Matt Spring will be a little bit closer.”
O’s have a chance to put some daylight bewteen themselves and the relegation zone as they have a four-point cushion with nine games to go.
“They are all big games, we have got nine big games between now and the end of the season,” said Slade.
“This is one of our games in hand and if we can gain something that will take a little bit of the heat off us.”
There could be a doubt over defender Scott Cuthbert.
- 1 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 4 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 6 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 8 'Immensely gratifying': Newham college celebrates upping Ofsted grade
- 9 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 10 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
“There was a bit of a problem with his leg in the first period of Saturday’s game and Dean Lecock cramped up, but that’s possibly because he had not played for a while,” said Slade.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Jamie Jones is edging closer to a return.
“He’s getting there,” said the O’s boss.
“He’s not done too much hard handling at the minute, but he’s getting ever closer and if he’s available in the next week or two that will be a plus.”