Dickson could be back for Orient at Oldham
Defender stands by to make a return
Orient could have defender Ryan Dickson back for their game at Oldham Athletic tonight.
The left-back, on loan from Southampton, has missed the last seven matches with a thigh injury, but O’s boss Russell Slade said: “We hope that him and Matt Spring will be a little bit closer.”
O’s have a chance to put some daylight bewteen themselves and the relegation zone as they have a four-point cushion with nine games to go.
“They are all big games, we have got nine big games between now and the end of the season,” said Slade.
You may also want to watch:
“This is one of our games in hand and if we can gain something that will take a little bit of the heat off us.”
There could be a doubt over defender Scott Cuthbert.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
“There was a bit of a problem with his leg in the first period of Saturday’s game and Dean Lecock cramped up, but that’s possibly because he had not played for a while,” said Slade.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Jamie Jones is edging closer to a return.
“He’s getting there,” said the O’s boss.
“He’s not done too much hard handling at the minute, but he’s getting ever closer and if he’s available in the next week or two that will be a plus.”