Dickson could be back for Orient at Oldham
Defender stands by to make a return
Orient could have defender Ryan Dickson back for their game at Oldham Athletic tonight.
The left-back, on loan from Southampton, has missed the last seven matches with a thigh injury, but O’s boss Russell Slade said: “We hope that him and Matt Spring will be a little bit closer.”
O’s have a chance to put some daylight bewteen themselves and the relegation zone as they have a four-point cushion with nine games to go.
“They are all big games, we have got nine big games between now and the end of the season,” said Slade.
You may also want to watch:
“This is one of our games in hand and if we can gain something that will take a little bit of the heat off us.”
There could be a doubt over defender Scott Cuthbert.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
“There was a bit of a problem with his leg in the first period of Saturday’s game and Dean Lecock cramped up, but that’s possibly because he had not played for a while,” said Slade.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Jamie Jones is edging closer to a return.
“He’s getting there,” said the O’s boss.
“He’s not done too much hard handling at the minute, but he’s getting ever closer and if he’s available in the next week or two that will be a plus.”