Dickson could be back for Orient at Oldham
Defender stands by to make a return
Orient could have defender Ryan Dickson back for their game at Oldham Athletic tonight.
The left-back, on loan from Southampton, has missed the last seven matches with a thigh injury, but O’s boss Russell Slade said: “We hope that him and Matt Spring will be a little bit closer.”
O’s have a chance to put some daylight bewteen themselves and the relegation zone as they have a four-point cushion with nine games to go.
“They are all big games, we have got nine big games between now and the end of the season,” said Slade.
You may also want to watch:
“This is one of our games in hand and if we can gain something that will take a little bit of the heat off us.”
There could be a doubt over defender Scott Cuthbert.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
“There was a bit of a problem with his leg in the first period of Saturday’s game and Dean Lecock cramped up, but that’s possibly because he had not played for a while,” said Slade.
Meanwhile, goalkeeper Jamie Jones is edging closer to a return.
“He’s getting there,” said the O’s boss.
“He’s not done too much hard handling at the minute, but he’s getting ever closer and if he’s available in the next week or two that will be a plus.”