Diamond Jubilee lunch with the Queen for Canning Town student
An exceptional student from a school in Canning Town got the chance to be a very special part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Following a Diamond Jubilee Service at St Paul’s Cathedral, the Royal Family attended a very special lunch to recognise the Queen’s service to the nation and Commonwealth countries in Westminster Hall leading to the Houses of Parliament.
In amongst the representatives from livery companies and dignitaries, Mustafizur Rahman, a student from Rokeby School in Barking Road was also enjoying a Jubilee lunch.
The former Student Leader, or head boy, of Rokeby, Mustafizur was an invited guest of one of the livery companies who hosted the event to emphasise the work that they do to promote their crafts and professions in and out of London.
Mustafizur, who has just completed Year 11, was asked to attend by the Worshipful Company of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators which promotes Newham secondary schools as well as the law, accountancy, human resources, and corporate governance professions.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Richardson, the Master Chartered Secretary and Administrator, invited Mustafizur as he is also the vice chair of the governors of Rokeby.
Mr Richardson said: “Mustafizur has shown exceptional skills and maturity for his age and we are delighted that his contribution to the school has been recognised in this way.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow