Diamond Jubilee lunch with the Queen for Canning Town student
An exceptional student from a school in Canning Town got the chance to be a very special part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Following a Diamond Jubilee Service at St Paul’s Cathedral, the Royal Family attended a very special lunch to recognise the Queen’s service to the nation and Commonwealth countries in Westminster Hall leading to the Houses of Parliament.
In amongst the representatives from livery companies and dignitaries, Mustafizur Rahman, a student from Rokeby School in Barking Road was also enjoying a Jubilee lunch.
The former Student Leader, or head boy, of Rokeby, Mustafizur was an invited guest of one of the livery companies who hosted the event to emphasise the work that they do to promote their crafts and professions in and out of London.
Mustafizur, who has just completed Year 11, was asked to attend by the Worshipful Company of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators which promotes Newham secondary schools as well as the law, accountancy, human resources, and corporate governance professions.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Richardson, the Master Chartered Secretary and Administrator, invited Mustafizur as he is also the vice chair of the governors of Rokeby.
Mr Richardson said: “Mustafizur has shown exceptional skills and maturity for his age and we are delighted that his contribution to the school has been recognised in this way.”
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'