Development to bring 975 homes to Canning Town
- Credit: JTP
A new development of almost 1,000 homes is set to bring Canning Town to life.
JTP’s Brunel Street Works will deliver 975 new homes to the Silvertown Way area, as well as four new public spaces.
The homes will be a mixture of private rent, private sale and affordable housing as part of a strategy by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan to provide housing that all Londoners need.
Rebecca Taylor, who is leading the project, said: “Brunel Street Works will be a vibrant, mixed-use urban quarter, harnessing JTP’s placemaking expertise through an extensive community engagement process to create a diverse community with a distinct identity, at the high density needed in this area of East London.
“The proposals will re-stitch the site into its historical context, drawing on its industrial heritage.”
You may also want to watch:
The four-year project has been approved by Newham Council and is expected to begin later this year.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 10 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks