Defender returns as Orient prepare for bonus game
But Cuthbert could be out for a while
Orient have a chance to put more daylight between themselves and the drop zone when they entertain promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town tonight.
The match was frozen off in February and Orient manager Russell Slade said: “It’s our bonus game in hand and if we can get a positive result our position will look much healthier.”
O’s welcome back on-loan full-back Ryan Dickson, who missed Saturday’s game at Charlton due to suspension.
However, they will be without defender Scott Cuthbert who lasted just 32 minutes at the Valley on Saturday and could be out for the rest of the season. “It’s a serious hamstring injury,” admitted Slade.
You may also want to watch:
Jamal Cambell-Ryce (ankle) and Leon McSweeney (calf) are also missing, but Dean Cox is likely to start.
O’s skipper Matt Spring added: “We know it will be a tough game, but we have got to brush ourselves down, apply ourselves properly and get on with it.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
“If we can get something out of it then it makes things a lot easier for us.”