Defender returns as Orient prepare for bonus game
But Cuthbert could be out for a while
Orient have a chance to put more daylight between themselves and the drop zone when they entertain promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town tonight.
The match was frozen off in February and Orient manager Russell Slade said: “It’s our bonus game in hand and if we can get a positive result our position will look much healthier.”
O’s welcome back on-loan full-back Ryan Dickson, who missed Saturday’s game at Charlton due to suspension.
However, they will be without defender Scott Cuthbert who lasted just 32 minutes at the Valley on Saturday and could be out for the rest of the season. “It’s a serious hamstring injury,” admitted Slade.
Jamal Cambell-Ryce (ankle) and Leon McSweeney (calf) are also missing, but Dean Cox is likely to start.
O’s skipper Matt Spring added: “We know it will be a tough game, but we have got to brush ourselves down, apply ourselves properly and get on with it.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 5 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
“If we can get something out of it then it makes things a lot easier for us.”