Defender returns as Orient prepare for bonus game
But Cuthbert could be out for a while
Orient have a chance to put more daylight between themselves and the drop zone when they entertain promotion-chasing Huddersfield Town tonight.
The match was frozen off in February and Orient manager Russell Slade said: “It’s our bonus game in hand and if we can get a positive result our position will look much healthier.”
O’s welcome back on-loan full-back Ryan Dickson, who missed Saturday’s game at Charlton due to suspension.
However, they will be without defender Scott Cuthbert who lasted just 32 minutes at the Valley on Saturday and could be out for the rest of the season. “It’s a serious hamstring injury,” admitted Slade.
You may also want to watch:
Jamal Cambell-Ryce (ankle) and Leon McSweeney (calf) are also missing, but Dean Cox is likely to start.
O’s skipper Matt Spring added: “We know it will be a tough game, but we have got to brush ourselves down, apply ourselves properly and get on with it.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
“If we can get something out of it then it makes things a lot easier for us.”