Death of young East Ham mother: Man accused of murder
A man is to appear in court today accused of the murder a young mother of two.
The victim, in her late 20s, was found dead at her Kempton Road, East Ham home, on Tuesday afternoon. She had been strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after police officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted. They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 3 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 4 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 5 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 9 Retired police boss: Sacking Met officers 'takes too long'
- 10 Guilty: Two men convicted of savagely murdering their 'friend' in Bow Lock
A 45-year-old man who was arrested on Tuesday was charged with murder last night and kept in custody.
Abdul Kadir, of Kempton Road, East Ham, will appear before Stratford Magistrates today, accused of murdering the woma, who is understood to be his partner.