Death of young East Ham mother: Man accused of murder
A man is to appear in court today accused of the murder a young mother of two.
The victim, in her late 20s, was found dead at her Kempton Road, East Ham home, on Tuesday afternoon. She had been strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after police officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted. They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
A 45-year-old man who was arrested on Tuesday was charged with murder last night and kept in custody.
Abdul Kadir, of Kempton Road, East Ham, will appear before Stratford Magistrates today, accused of murdering the woma, who is understood to be his partner.