Death of young East Ham mother: Man accused of murder
A man is to appear in court today accused of the murder a young mother of two.
The victim, in her late 20s, was found dead at her Kempton Road, East Ham home, on Tuesday afternoon. She had been strangled.
Newham detectives launched a murder investigation after police officers were called at 12.54pm on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted. They found the victim, aged in her late 20s, dead at the scene.
Though detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released full details as they still have to trace some members of her family, said a Scotland Yard spokesman.
A post-mortem at East Ham Mortuary yesterday showed that death was due to stragulation.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Insp Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
Neighbours said the victim had two young children.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 6 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
A 45-year-old man who was arrested on Tuesday was charged with murder last night and kept in custody.
Abdul Kadir, of Kempton Road, East Ham, will appear before Stratford Magistrates today, accused of murdering the woma, who is understood to be his partner.