Deadline looms for Newham London Run registration
TIME is running out to register for this year’s Newham London Run.
Organisers have unveiled full details of the 10km course, which will offer runners sneak peeks of the Westfield Stratford City development, and the Olympic Park.
Around 5,000 people are expected to take part in the event, which takes place on March 27.
This year’s run will also incorporate the Junior Newham London Run, aimed at youngsters aged from 11 to 17.
The 4.5km route will be contained entirely within the Stratford City site, offering those taking part a unique view of the development.
Entries for both events need to be received by midnight on March 6. The fee for the 10km race is �22.47, while for the junior event it is �6.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales, said “With the Olympics only a year away, the race provides a great opportunity to help inspire local people as well as visitors to the areas.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 3 Revealed: Cause of Plaistow tower block fire which left 5 men in hospital
- 4 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 5 Antonio hopes short summer break helps West Ham bid
- 6 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 7 60 firefighters deal with Plaistow tower block fire
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 10 East Ham fire: Terraced houses damaged by blaze as woman treated at scene
“We are really excited about the new route as it takes in even more of the developments in the borough and the Olympic Park.
“We really want everyone to take part and use this as a springboard to improve their fitness.”