Deadline looms for Newham London Run registration
TIME is running out to register for this year’s Newham London Run.
Organisers have unveiled full details of the 10km course, which will offer runners sneak peeks of the Westfield Stratford City development, and the Olympic Park.
Around 5,000 people are expected to take part in the event, which takes place on March 27.
This year’s run will also incorporate the Junior Newham London Run, aimed at youngsters aged from 11 to 17.
The 4.5km route will be contained entirely within the Stratford City site, offering those taking part a unique view of the development.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for both events need to be received by midnight on March 6. The fee for the 10km race is �22.47, while for the junior event it is �6.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales, said “With the Olympics only a year away, the race provides a great opportunity to help inspire local people as well as visitors to the areas.
- 1 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 2 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
“We are really excited about the new route as it takes in even more of the developments in the borough and the Olympic Park.
“We really want everyone to take part and use this as a springboard to improve their fitness.”