Deadline looms for Newham London Run registration
TIME is running out to register for this year’s Newham London Run.
Organisers have unveiled full details of the 10km course, which will offer runners sneak peeks of the Westfield Stratford City development, and the Olympic Park.
Around 5,000 people are expected to take part in the event, which takes place on March 27.
This year’s run will also incorporate the Junior Newham London Run, aimed at youngsters aged from 11 to 17.
The 4.5km route will be contained entirely within the Stratford City site, offering those taking part a unique view of the development.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for both events need to be received by midnight on March 6. The fee for the 10km race is �22.47, while for the junior event it is �6.
Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales, said “With the Olympics only a year away, the race provides a great opportunity to help inspire local people as well as visitors to the areas.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
“We are really excited about the new route as it takes in even more of the developments in the borough and the Olympic Park.
“We really want everyone to take part and use this as a springboard to improve their fitness.”