Day centre for disabled open in East Ham
A new day centre for disabled people will be opening in Newham with the help of a Lottery grant.
The day centre in the Luke Room, St Barts Church, in Barking Road, East Ham will be open five days a week from 10am until 4pm. There will be a charge of �5 per day.
It will be run from September by Walk A Mile In My Shoes community and voluntary services.
Norah Larkin, a qualified support worker at the centre, said they wanted to set up the centre to provide a venue for the disabled people of Newham as many other centres had been closed.
She said: “We know that the Day Centre we will open will give these people a place in the community to decide what they want without any fear of it being closed. We are charging �5.00 per person per day, we will be open 5 Days per week from 10am until 4pm.”
Call Norah on 07840540335, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 6 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Tributes to 'much-loved' Stratford theatre worker Harvey Parker
- 9 Flat above garage damaged in Manor Park fire
- 10 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat