Day centre for disabled open in East Ham
A new day centre for disabled people will be opening in Newham with the help of a Lottery grant.
The day centre in the Luke Room, St Barts Church, in Barking Road, East Ham will be open five days a week from 10am until 4pm. There will be a charge of �5 per day.
It will be run from September by Walk A Mile In My Shoes community and voluntary services.
Norah Larkin, a qualified support worker at the centre, said they wanted to set up the centre to provide a venue for the disabled people of Newham as many other centres had been closed.
She said: “We know that the Day Centre we will open will give these people a place in the community to decide what they want without any fear of it being closed. We are charging �5.00 per person per day, we will be open 5 Days per week from 10am until 4pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Call Norah on 07840540335, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 10 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries