Day centre for disabled open in East Ham
A new day centre for disabled people will be opening in Newham with the help of a Lottery grant.
The day centre in the Luke Room, St Barts Church, in Barking Road, East Ham will be open five days a week from 10am until 4pm. There will be a charge of �5 per day.
It will be run from September by Walk A Mile In My Shoes community and voluntary services.
Norah Larkin, a qualified support worker at the centre, said they wanted to set up the centre to provide a venue for the disabled people of Newham as many other centres had been closed.
She said: “We know that the Day Centre we will open will give these people a place in the community to decide what they want without any fear of it being closed. We are charging �5.00 per person per day, we will be open 5 Days per week from 10am until 4pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Call Norah on 07840540335, email: email@example.com
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham