David inspires supporters at West Ham United’s ground in Upton Park
Determined David Annand inspired a 30,000-strong football crowd by walking around West Ham United’s ground in aid of the Prostate Cancer Charity.
David, 49, walked the perimeter of the pitch in Upton Park 42 times which was the equivalent of 8.5 miles.
David, who works as a marketing manager near his home in Surrey, is on a journey to walk 500 miles around the UK to raise money for the cancer charity,
David was hoping to walk 10 to 12 miles but he was stopped to be interviewed twice and well wishers were keen to share their own experiences of fighting the disease with him.
Starting in June, David has raised �1,600 of his �5,000 target to date but he intends to travel the rest of the country and complete his journey in February 2013.
David wishes to thank everyone who has supported him so far in his fundraising, commenting that the “all of the fans gave me a great reception.”
David said: “At a relatively young age, I ws diagnosed with prostate cancer, which was only identified through a routine blood test.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Three in custody over knifepoint robbery in East Ham after foot chase
- 5 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 6 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Burrard Road stabbing: Plea date set for Custom House murder accused
- 9 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 10 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
“After undergoing therapy in November 2011, I felt driven to do something to raise awareness of the disease and also to raise some funds for the Prostate Cancer Charity.”
He has now walked 60.9 miles of the 500 miles and he is 3.18 miles ahead of schedule.
To sponsor him on the next leg of his journey, visit www.justgiving.com/david500miles.