David inspires supporters at West Ham United’s ground in Upton Park
Determined David Annand inspired a 30,000-strong football crowd by walking around West Ham United’s ground in aid of the Prostate Cancer Charity.
David, 49, walked the perimeter of the pitch in Upton Park 42 times which was the equivalent of 8.5 miles.
David, who works as a marketing manager near his home in Surrey, is on a journey to walk 500 miles around the UK to raise money for the cancer charity,
David was hoping to walk 10 to 12 miles but he was stopped to be interviewed twice and well wishers were keen to share their own experiences of fighting the disease with him.
Starting in June, David has raised �1,600 of his �5,000 target to date but he intends to travel the rest of the country and complete his journey in February 2013.
You may also want to watch:
David wishes to thank everyone who has supported him so far in his fundraising, commenting that the “all of the fans gave me a great reception.”
David said: “At a relatively young age, I ws diagnosed with prostate cancer, which was only identified through a routine blood test.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 10 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
“After undergoing therapy in November 2011, I felt driven to do something to raise awareness of the disease and also to raise some funds for the Prostate Cancer Charity.”
He has now walked 60.9 miles of the 500 miles and he is 3.18 miles ahead of schedule.
To sponsor him on the next leg of his journey, visit www.justgiving.com/david500miles.