David inspires supporters at West Ham United’s ground in Upton Park
Determined David Annand inspired a 30,000-strong football crowd by walking around West Ham United’s ground in aid of the Prostate Cancer Charity.
David, 49, walked the perimeter of the pitch in Upton Park 42 times which was the equivalent of 8.5 miles.
David, who works as a marketing manager near his home in Surrey, is on a journey to walk 500 miles around the UK to raise money for the cancer charity,
David was hoping to walk 10 to 12 miles but he was stopped to be interviewed twice and well wishers were keen to share their own experiences of fighting the disease with him.
Starting in June, David has raised �1,600 of his �5,000 target to date but he intends to travel the rest of the country and complete his journey in February 2013.
You may also want to watch:
David wishes to thank everyone who has supported him so far in his fundraising, commenting that the “all of the fans gave me a great reception.”
David said: “At a relatively young age, I ws diagnosed with prostate cancer, which was only identified through a routine blood test.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
“After undergoing therapy in November 2011, I felt driven to do something to raise awareness of the disease and also to raise some funds for the Prostate Cancer Charity.”
He has now walked 60.9 miles of the 500 miles and he is 3.18 miles ahead of schedule.
To sponsor him on the next leg of his journey, visit www.justgiving.com/david500miles.