David Gold: No place for Paolo Di Canio at Upton Park
- Credit: Avril Husband
There is no place for fans’ favourite at the club
There was disappointment for many West Ham fans today as West Ham co-owner David Gold insisted there is no job for Paolo Di Canio at Upton Park and, furthermore, they intend to open talks with Sam Allardyce over a new deal.
The social media sites have been awash with West Ham supporters excited by the thought of their hero returning to manage the club since he resigned from Swindon Town last week.
Even though Allardyce managed to secure promotion back into the top flight in his first season in charge, a section of the West Ham support are still unhappy with his style of football.
However, Gold is adamant they have no plans to appoint Di Canio as his replacement, telling SportsDirect News: “I want to make this absolutely clear there is no managerial vacancy for Paolo or anyone else at the club. There is no job available.
You may also want to watch:
“I understand he is an absolute hero here, but as we have said previously, we will be holding talks with our manager Sam Allardyce at the end of the season and that’s exactly where things stand.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow