David Gold: No place for Paolo Di Canio at Upton Park
- Credit: Avril Husband
There is no place for fans’ favourite at the club
There was disappointment for many West Ham fans today as West Ham co-owner David Gold insisted there is no job for Paolo Di Canio at Upton Park and, furthermore, they intend to open talks with Sam Allardyce over a new deal.
The social media sites have been awash with West Ham supporters excited by the thought of their hero returning to manage the club since he resigned from Swindon Town last week.
Even though Allardyce managed to secure promotion back into the top flight in his first season in charge, a section of the West Ham support are still unhappy with his style of football.
However, Gold is adamant they have no plans to appoint Di Canio as his replacement, telling SportsDirect News: “I want to make this absolutely clear there is no managerial vacancy for Paolo or anyone else at the club. There is no job available.
You may also want to watch:
“I understand he is an absolute hero here, but as we have said previously, we will be holding talks with our manager Sam Allardyce at the end of the season and that’s exactly where things stand.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen