David Beckham plays photo booth trick to surprise fans at Westfield Stratford City
David Beckham played a trick on members of the public at Westfield Stratford City shopping centre.
He gave sports fans the surprise of their lives when he unexpectedly dropped in on their photo booth snapshots.
Stunned schoolboy Christian Lewis, who was with his mother Elaine, burst in to tears when he spotted Beckham come out of the darkness.
The former England skipper and LA Galaxy player gave the lad a hug as the youngster's mother looked on.
The trick was played on 60 members of the public who were posing at a photo booth in Westfield all sporting Team GB kit for the supporter snaps.
They are all part of the Take The Stage campaign run by adidas.
Beckham, who was hiding in a secret section of the booth, said: "It was a unique experience for me and the people who took part and there were some great reactions when we surprised them in the photo booth.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
"I always love coming back to London and the activity was a great opportunity for me to get involved in the adidas Take The Stage campaign and get behind Team GB."
Zuleika Butler turned a solo thumbs-up in to a cuddle with Beckham when she came face-to-face with the footballer.
Raymond Mfon and Paul Fagbuaro could not believe their eyes when Beckham strode in to view.
Friends Emma Nwofar, Bonite Cattle and Kara Aretha Graham giggled in disbelief.