Dark Horse Mediterranean restaurant opens in East Village
- Credit: Archant
A new Mediterranean restaurant has opened in the “up-and-coming” East Village.
Dark Horse, in Victory Parade, Stratford, claims to offer Italian and Spanish-influenced food and drink, including a selection of cocktails, wrapped in a British attitude.
Built in the estate that housed Olympic athletes during the London 2012 games, the eatery opened with a soft launch last month, so everything can be finely-tuned in time for Christmas.
Owner Lee Glen, 47, has worked in the food industry for more than 30 years and believes the area is the perfect location to be launching a restaurant.
“We’ve had a lot of repeat customers already which is really good to see,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great location, very up-and-coming, but also nice and relaxed – people will actually speak to you which is quite strange for London.
“It’s very much an Italian and Spanish-style of food so there’s plenty of sharing, so people have lots of opportunities to try different things.”
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
For more information visit thedarkhorserestaurant.com