Danny O’Shea murder in Custom House: Second man arrested
Detectives investigating the murder of 18-year-old Danny O’Shea in Custom House have arrested a second man.
Following the killing, which took place in Gill Avenue on Friday evening, officers revealed that Danny may have been chased by a group immediately before the attack.
Det Chief Insp John Macdonald, of the Metropolitan Police’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: “I am particularly interested in sightings of a white Ford Transit minibus that was in the vicinity of Butchers Road between 6pm and 6.20pm on Friday evening. It appears that this minibus stopped in Butchers Road and some of the occupants got out from it. These people returned to it a few minutes later, got back in and the vehicle drove off.
“I wish to thank those members of the local community who have come forward with information and appeal to others who may have knowledge that will help identify those responsible.”
Officers arrested a 43-year-old man in connection with the investigation and then a 32-year-old man and they are in custody at police stations, one in East London and one in West London.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to Gill Avenue shortly after 6pm on Friday, following reports that a man had been injured.
On arrival, police officers and paramedics found Danny with stab injuries. Despite their efforts to save him, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.50pm.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
A post-mortem examination held at Walthamstow Mortuary on Saturday determined the cause of death as a stab wound to the neck. Anyone who saw the incident or has information that could help the investigation should call 020 8345 3985. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.