Daniels and Clarke out of Orient’s trip to Yeovil
League One: Yeovil v Leyton Orient, Tuesday 7.45pm.
Orient will be without defender Charlie Daniels and midfielder Tom Clarke for tonight’s game at Yeovil.
Daniels starts a three-match ban after being sent-off during Saturday’s match against Sheffield United and either Mike Cestor or Elliot Omozusi will take his place.
Clarke, on loan from Huddersfield Town, is also set to miss out with an ankle injury following a collision with Sheffield United goalkeeper Steve Simonsen at the weekend.
Marc Laird, who replaced Clarke at half-time on Saturday, is the likely replacement.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the absence of Daniels and Clarke, Orient’s experienced midfielder Matt Spring believes the O’s can stretch their unbeaten record at Huish Park.
“We have got a little bit of confidence at the moment,” said Spring after the O’s moved out of the bottom four at the weekend.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“We’re unbeaten in five now. It’s a start and we’re going in the right direction,” he said.
“Travelling to Yeovil is going to be a tough, but if you are getting good results you just want to play, so we are looking forward to it.”