Daniels and Clarke out of Orient’s trip to Yeovil
League One: Yeovil v Leyton Orient, Tuesday 7.45pm.
Orient will be without defender Charlie Daniels and midfielder Tom Clarke for tonight’s game at Yeovil.
Daniels starts a three-match ban after being sent-off during Saturday’s match against Sheffield United and either Mike Cestor or Elliot Omozusi will take his place.
Clarke, on loan from Huddersfield Town, is also set to miss out with an ankle injury following a collision with Sheffield United goalkeeper Steve Simonsen at the weekend.
Marc Laird, who replaced Clarke at half-time on Saturday, is the likely replacement.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the absence of Daniels and Clarke, Orient’s experienced midfielder Matt Spring believes the O’s can stretch their unbeaten record at Huish Park.
“We have got a little bit of confidence at the moment,” said Spring after the O’s moved out of the bottom four at the weekend.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
“We’re unbeaten in five now. It’s a start and we’re going in the right direction,” he said.
“Travelling to Yeovil is going to be a tough, but if you are getting good results you just want to play, so we are looking forward to it.”