Daniel hoping for a happy return
DANIEL HERDMAN is looking to make it a winning return after a two-year break from boxing when he returns on the Dave Coldwell (Hayemaker Promotions) sell-out show at the York Hall Bethnal Green, on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old middleweight, formerly a member of manager Tony Sims Hainault-based squad, now trained by Johnny Eames at the TKO Gym in Canning Town, was last seen in action in the York Hall ring over two years ago.
It was in June 2008 that Herdman chalked up his third straight success after losing his pro debut, but was unfortunate to suffer hand injuries which ruled him out of action after that victory.
Now the former Repton amateur is looking to add a new lease of life to his pro career when he returns to action on Saturday’s show.
Featured fighter George Groves once again pulls in the crowd for his Commonwealth title defence against James Obede Toney which tops Saturday’s promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Also featured on the undercard on the show are light middleweight Nathan Graham, light welterweights Darren Hamilton and Kevin Hooper, light heavyweight Menay Edwards and the debut of new pro Ricky Boylan.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 9 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 10 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says