Daniel hoping for a happy return
DANIEL HERDMAN is looking to make it a winning return after a two-year break from boxing when he returns on the Dave Coldwell (Hayemaker Promotions) sell-out show at the York Hall Bethnal Green, on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old middleweight, formerly a member of manager Tony Sims Hainault-based squad, now trained by Johnny Eames at the TKO Gym in Canning Town, was last seen in action in the York Hall ring over two years ago.
It was in June 2008 that Herdman chalked up his third straight success after losing his pro debut, but was unfortunate to suffer hand injuries which ruled him out of action after that victory.
Now the former Repton amateur is looking to add a new lease of life to his pro career when he returns to action on Saturday’s show.
Featured fighter George Groves once again pulls in the crowd for his Commonwealth title defence against James Obede Toney which tops Saturday’s promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Also featured on the undercard on the show are light middleweight Nathan Graham, light welterweights Darren Hamilton and Kevin Hooper, light heavyweight Menay Edwards and the debut of new pro Ricky Boylan.
- 1 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 2 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation