Daniel hoping for a happy return
DANIEL HERDMAN is looking to make it a winning return after a two-year break from boxing when he returns on the Dave Coldwell (Hayemaker Promotions) sell-out show at the York Hall Bethnal Green, on Saturday night.
The 26-year-old middleweight, formerly a member of manager Tony Sims Hainault-based squad, now trained by Johnny Eames at the TKO Gym in Canning Town, was last seen in action in the York Hall ring over two years ago.
It was in June 2008 that Herdman chalked up his third straight success after losing his pro debut, but was unfortunate to suffer hand injuries which ruled him out of action after that victory.
Now the former Repton amateur is looking to add a new lease of life to his pro career when he returns to action on Saturday’s show.
Featured fighter George Groves once again pulls in the crowd for his Commonwealth title defence against James Obede Toney which tops Saturday’s promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Also featured on the undercard on the show are light middleweight Nathan Graham, light welterweights Darren Hamilton and Kevin Hooper, light heavyweight Menay Edwards and the debut of new pro Ricky Boylan.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham