Dancing on Ice star Laura Hamilton will judge for Beckton hospice
One of Channel Four’s most famous faces and runner up of TV’s Dancing on Ice 2011 Laura Hamilton will be judging a charity dance spectacular.
Laura, who presents C4’s A Place In The Sun, will be at Take To The Floor with Richard House, at the Britannia Hotel, in Canary Wharf, next Wednesday.
She will be appearing alongside Heart FM’s Harriet Scott who is hosting the charity night for London’s oldest children’s hospice, based in Beckton.
There will be 20 couples performing two dances on the Take To The Floor night ranging from the Cha Cha to the Waltz and Rhumba. They were given six weeks of free lessons by dance tutors.
And Laura said she was delighted to help out and to offer her expert eye to the competitors.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s an absolute honour to be judging Take To The Floor with Richard House.
“The event is set to be a fantastic night out for all the competitors and their friends and family who come to watch – I hope I can offer them some good advice and help the judging decide on a worthy winner.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection
- 9 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
“Richard House Children’s Hospice does amazing work across London for families in real need of help. I am happy to do what I can to help raise awareness and money towards the cause.”
Richard House cares for almost 300 children and young people with life-limiting, life-threatening and complex healthcare needs.