Dance and performance come together at Stratford festival
- Credit: PA
A festival in Stratford will bring dance and performance together next Month.
The Collide Festival is University of East London’s annual, student run dance festival designed to showcase a thriving urban dance scene.
The event, now in its second year, will take place at Stratford Circus on May 10.
The event will include street art, dance battles, dance on screen, a symposium and special guest acts.
A spokeswoman said: “This year we are aiming to harness the vast array of dance styles available in the UK - from contemporary and popping to capoeira and bharatanatyam.”
You may also want to watch:
Running from 12:30pm until 10:00pm, tickets will be available for purchase on the door and can be pre-booked via the official Collide Festival website. The prices are £7 for a day pass including access to all area’s, £5 for concession and £2 for a wristband giving access to all morning and afternoon activities.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 4 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks