Cyclist dies in collision with Olympic bus near Olympic Park
A cyclist has died close to the border of the Olympic Park following a collision with a bus carrying media from the site.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s, was involved in the accident in Ruckholt Road at the junction with the A12 East Cross Route, close to Hackney Wick, just before 7.30pm today.
A single responder, an ambulance and an air ambulance were sent to the scene, and police were also called.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “Sadly one person was pronounced dead at the scene by the doctor from the air ambulance.”
The Met Police’s road death collision investigation unit will investigate the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A London 2012 spokesman said: “We can confirm that a cyclist tragically died as a result of a collision with a bus carrying media from the Olympic Park this evening.
“The police are investigating the accident and our thoughts are with the cyclist’s family.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show