Cyclist dies in collision with Olympic bus near Olympic Park
A cyclist has died close to the border of the Olympic Park following a collision with a bus carrying media from the site.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s, was involved in the accident in Ruckholt Road at the junction with the A12 East Cross Route, close to Hackney Wick, just before 7.30pm today.
A single responder, an ambulance and an air ambulance were sent to the scene, and police were also called.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “Sadly one person was pronounced dead at the scene by the doctor from the air ambulance.”
The Met Police’s road death collision investigation unit will investigate the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A London 2012 spokesman said: “We can confirm that a cyclist tragically died as a result of a collision with a bus carrying media from the Olympic Park this evening.
“The police are investigating the accident and our thoughts are with the cyclist’s family.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project