Cyclist dies in collision with Olympic bus near Olympic Park
A cyclist has died close to the border of the Olympic Park following a collision with a bus carrying media from the site.
The man, believed to be in his late 20s or early 30s, was involved in the accident in Ruckholt Road at the junction with the A12 East Cross Route, close to Hackney Wick, just before 7.30pm today.
A single responder, an ambulance and an air ambulance were sent to the scene, and police were also called.
A spokesman for London Ambulance Service said: “Sadly one person was pronounced dead at the scene by the doctor from the air ambulance.”
The Met Police’s road death collision investigation unit will investigate the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A London 2012 spokesman said: “We can confirm that a cyclist tragically died as a result of a collision with a bus carrying media from the Olympic Park this evening.
“The police are investigating the accident and our thoughts are with the cyclist’s family.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley