Cycling PC supported by Stratford Academy dress down day
- Credit: Archant
Cycling bobby Spencer Littlechild has been spurred on to complete his 100 mile cycle challenge after Stratford Academy held a dress down day to boost his fundraising target.
The youth engagement officer is taking part in Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100 next month in aid of Help the Hospices in memory of his parents.
As he works closely with pupils and staff, pupils and staff at the academy agreed to wear their own clothes to support him and raised £504 for the cause in the process.
PC Littlechild, who aims to complete the distance in five and a half hours, said: “It is quite nice for them to do something for me that is going to really help towards my target.
“The fact that people have given money for a really good cause like Help the Hospices means a lot to me and hopefully it will get me through the 100 miles - because it is quite a long way.”
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor him, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=spencerlittlechild
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham