Cycling courses open to young people at Lee Valley VeloPark this Easter holiday
- Credit: Eleanor Bentall
Youngsters can follow in the tracks of some of Britain’s cycling heroes by taking part in four bike courses at the newly opened Lee Valley VeloPark this Easter.
The hour-long coaching sessions will teach key skills in track cycling, BMX, road cycling and mountain biking and will run weekdays from Monday, April 7, to Friday, April 18.
They are aimed at children aged from seven to 16, who will be grouped by age and ability, and cost from £12 per person, including bike and helmet hire.
Lee Valley VeloPark manager, Jeremy Northrop, said: “We’re really looking forward to the Easter holidays and getting young people onto our tracks.
“This is what this world class venue is all about — getting young people into cycling and sport in general. Who knows? Maybe we’ll find the Laura Trott of tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
To book see visitleevalley.org.uk/velopark and click “Easter Taster Sessions”. Parents will need to fill out a parental consent form for every young rider and bring it with them to the venue.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross