Cycling courses open to young people at Lee Valley VeloPark this Easter holiday
- Credit: Eleanor Bentall
Youngsters can follow in the tracks of some of Britain’s cycling heroes by taking part in four bike courses at the newly opened Lee Valley VeloPark this Easter.
The hour-long coaching sessions will teach key skills in track cycling, BMX, road cycling and mountain biking and will run weekdays from Monday, April 7, to Friday, April 18.
They are aimed at children aged from seven to 16, who will be grouped by age and ability, and cost from £12 per person, including bike and helmet hire.
Lee Valley VeloPark manager, Jeremy Northrop, said: “We’re really looking forward to the Easter holidays and getting young people onto our tracks.
“This is what this world class venue is all about — getting young people into cycling and sport in general. Who knows? Maybe we’ll find the Laura Trott of tomorrow.”
You may also want to watch:
To book see visitleevalley.org.uk/velopark and click “Easter Taster Sessions”. Parents will need to fill out a parental consent form for every young rider and bring it with them to the venue.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate