Cuthbert in now Slade waits for three more
Orient boss will have a clearer indication by the end of the week
Orient manager Russell Slade will have a clearer idea of his squad for next season by the end of the week.
The O’s boss has started to reshape his squad and made his first signing of the summer with the capture of Swindon Town defender Scott Cuthbert on a two-year deal.
The 23-year-old was out of contract following the Robins’ relegation from League One and the former Celtic man, who can play at centre half and full back, will give Slade more defensive options following the departures of Andrew Whing and Aaron Brown.
The club are expecting decisions from goalkeeper Jamie Jones and midfielders Jimmy Smith and Adam Chambers this week as to whether they will be accepting new contracts and that will give Slade a clearer indication on what areas need strengthening.
You may also want to watch:
The O’s boss wants two strikers and a midfielder - and will also look to use the loan market again.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show