Cuthbert in now Slade waits for three more
Orient boss will have a clearer indication by the end of the week
Orient manager Russell Slade will have a clearer idea of his squad for next season by the end of the week.
The O’s boss has started to reshape his squad and made his first signing of the summer with the capture of Swindon Town defender Scott Cuthbert on a two-year deal.
The 23-year-old was out of contract following the Robins’ relegation from League One and the former Celtic man, who can play at centre half and full back, will give Slade more defensive options following the departures of Andrew Whing and Aaron Brown.
The club are expecting decisions from goalkeeper Jamie Jones and midfielders Jimmy Smith and Adam Chambers this week as to whether they will be accepting new contracts and that will give Slade a clearer indication on what areas need strengthening.
You may also want to watch:
The O’s boss wants two strikers and a midfielder - and will also look to use the loan market again.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines