Customer spots fowl play with Stratford KFC chicken burger
- Credit: Archant
A chicken lover detected fowl play after visiting a fast-food chain when the meal he ordered looked “pitiful” next to its advert.
Jamie Lewis, 22, complained after nipping to KFC on Stratford Broadway to get the new pulled chicken ultimate burger meal for lunch.
“It looks amazing in the advert so I thought I’d give it a go,” said Jamie.
“But the bun was stale, there was hardly any pulled chicken and the sauce didn’t taste of BBQ.”
The business development consultant plucked up the courage to complain to the fried chicken chain, writing to them on Twitter. He wrote: “I’m going straight to the point here because I feel like I’ve been robbed.”
You may also want to watch:
KFC offered Jamie a complimentary meal voucher and a spokesman for the chain said: “We are sorry he received a meal that was not in line with our usual high standards.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency