Custom House cheerleaders win European titles
- Credit: Archant
Cheerleaders travelled to Paris to compete in their first European championship in four years - and came away with top marks.
Ascension Eagles Cheerleaders (AEC), based in Custom House, represented the UK alongside 10 other countries in the Spring Open Championship in the New York Convention Centre at the Disneyland Paris Resort.
Their junior team Prophecy (aged 11 to 14) won first place in their category and received the highest score in the entire competition.
The Dynasty group (Age 11 to 13) also grabbed first place in their division while team Prodigy (Age six to 10) came in third place.
The young cheerleaders also took part in an opening ceremony procession where Auguste Subbotinaite, six, Harmony Osinowo, 11, and Tania De Sousa Pinto, 14, had the honour of carrying the England flag and country placard.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Green, director of AEC, said: “I am so grateful to all the families, for all their hard work and commitment; we couldn’t build such a strong team without them.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley