Custom House cheerleaders win European titles
- Credit: Archant
Cheerleaders travelled to Paris to compete in their first European championship in four years - and came away with top marks.
Ascension Eagles Cheerleaders (AEC), based in Custom House, represented the UK alongside 10 other countries in the Spring Open Championship in the New York Convention Centre at the Disneyland Paris Resort.
Their junior team Prophecy (aged 11 to 14) won first place in their category and received the highest score in the entire competition.
The Dynasty group (Age 11 to 13) also grabbed first place in their division while team Prodigy (Age six to 10) came in third place.
The young cheerleaders also took part in an opening ceremony procession where Auguste Subbotinaite, six, Harmony Osinowo, 11, and Tania De Sousa Pinto, 14, had the honour of carrying the England flag and country placard.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Green, director of AEC, said: “I am so grateful to all the families, for all their hard work and commitment; we couldn’t build such a strong team without them.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham