Cureton: Orient’s success a big factor in me joining
Striker Jamie Cureton admits that Orient’s success last season was a big factor in his decision to sign for the club.
The 35-year-old, who was top-scorer at Exeter City last season, has signed a one-year deal, with a further 12-month option, as Orient manager Russell Slade beat off competition from several clubs for his signature.
“The fact Leyton Orient did well last year was a big factor in me wanting to come here,” said Cureton.
“I was impressed with the way they played, they had a good set-up and only just missed out on the play-offs.
“The manager is very enthusiastic and wanted to bring me to the club.
“He spoke very well about what his plans were and that impressed me.
“It’s a club that wants to give it a really good go. I don’t want to be somewhere that’s just happy to sit around – Orient look like they are moving in the right direction and there is no reason why we can’t do very well in the league again.”
- 1 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 3 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 4 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
Cureton signed just as the O’s reported back for pre-season training and the striker admitted: “It’s great to get things sorted out.
“It had been dragging a bit for me over the summer and I had a few different options.
“It’s just been weighing them up really and speaking to people, so it’s nice to get something signed and I can now focus on having a good season.
“I’m a hard-working player and I’ll bring experience to the team, but hopefully the biggest thing I’ll add is goals.”