Cureton: Orient’s success a big factor in me joining
Striker Jamie Cureton admits that Orient’s success last season was a big factor in his decision to sign for the club.
The 35-year-old, who was top-scorer at Exeter City last season, has signed a one-year deal, with a further 12-month option, as Orient manager Russell Slade beat off competition from several clubs for his signature.
“The fact Leyton Orient did well last year was a big factor in me wanting to come here,” said Cureton.
“I was impressed with the way they played, they had a good set-up and only just missed out on the play-offs.
“The manager is very enthusiastic and wanted to bring me to the club.
You may also want to watch:
“He spoke very well about what his plans were and that impressed me.
“It’s a club that wants to give it a really good go. I don’t want to be somewhere that’s just happy to sit around – Orient look like they are moving in the right direction and there is no reason why we can’t do very well in the league again.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
Cureton signed just as the O’s reported back for pre-season training and the striker admitted: “It’s great to get things sorted out.
“It had been dragging a bit for me over the summer and I had a few different options.
“It’s just been weighing them up really and speaking to people, so it’s nice to get something signed and I can now focus on having a good season.
“I’m a hard-working player and I’ll bring experience to the team, but hopefully the biggest thing I’ll add is goals.”