Crossrail introduces free shuttle bus for residents in North Woolwich
Crossrail is introducing a free shuttle bus to help residents get around North Woolwich and reduce the impact caused by tunnelling work.
A one way system is being introduced from April 6, which means that traffic will only be able to travel east along Albert Road —although residents will also be able to use a crossover into Factory Road to travel west.
Project Manager of Thames Tunnel, Gus Scott, said: “Local people were understandably concerned that their bus services were being affected by traffic management arrangements for our works. We’ve acted on those concerns and worked hard to arrange this new, free shuttle service for residents.”
Bus 473 services will no longer be able to divert down residential streets and will instead terminate at London City Airport.
Services will generally operate every seven to eight minutes and will serve all bus stops in an easterly direction along Albert Road. Services will start at 5.30am and operate through to 1.30am.
The free shuttle buses will run in a loop from London City Airport, travelling east along Albert Road to the Woolwich Ferry then continuing along Woolwich Manor Way, then west along Royal Albert Way and Victoria Dock Road to Prince Regent before returning to London City Airport via Connaught Bridge. Passengers will be able to change on to the route 473 at London City Airport or the 473 and 474 at Prince Regent.
Residents with queries can contact the Crossrail 24-hour public helpdesk on 0345 602 3813 or email email@example.com
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies