Youths clash in Manor Park: Teen left with serious head injury
A 14-year-old boy is in hospital with a fractured skull after youths clashed in Manor Park last night.
Armed police swooped on Walton Road at 7.10pm as there were reports of a firearm.
On arrival they saw a large group of teengers fighting. The injured youth collapsed in front of the officers.
He was taken to hospital where his condition is said to be serious.
Eleven youths were arrested on suspicion of causing an affray. They are still in custody, a Scotland Yard spokesman reported this morning
You may also want to watch:
Police have cordoned off the area. No gun was found but a knife was recovered.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0