Youths clash in Manor Park: Teen left with serious head injury
A 14-year-old boy is in hospital with a fractured skull after youths clashed in Manor Park last night.
Armed police swooped on Walton Road at 7.10pm as there were reports of a firearm.
On arrival they saw a large group of teengers fighting. The injured youth collapsed in front of the officers.
He was taken to hospital where his condition is said to be serious.
Eleven youths were arrested on suspicion of causing an affray. They are still in custody, a Scotland Yard spokesman reported this morning
You may also want to watch:
Police have cordoned off the area. No gun was found but a knife was recovered.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research