Youths clash in Manor Park: Teen left with serious head injury
A 14-year-old boy is in hospital with a fractured skull after youths clashed in Manor Park last night.
Armed police swooped on Walton Road at 7.10pm as there were reports of a firearm.
On arrival they saw a large group of teengers fighting. The injured youth collapsed in front of the officers.
He was taken to hospital where his condition is said to be serious.
Eleven youths were arrested on suspicion of causing an affray. They are still in custody, a Scotland Yard spokesman reported this morning
You may also want to watch:
Police have cordoned off the area. No gun was found but a knife was recovered.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton