Woman who died in Canning Town road accident is named
A woman killed after a hit-and-run road accident involving a van in Canning Town has been identified.
Elana Fanaru, 27, from Edmonton, died yesterday from head injuries sustained in the incident in Silvertown Way at 12.15am on Saturday.
She was crossing the road opposite the Canning Town bus terminus when she was in collision with a white van travelling south along Silvertown Way.
Miss Fanaru was using a pedestrian crossing at the time.
Police said the vehicle failed to stop at the scene and a white van was subsequently recovered abandoned nearby.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to Newham General hospital before being transferred to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where she died.
A postmortem examination is due to be held at East Ham mortuary on Miss Fanaru this morning.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
Anyone with any information should contact (020) 8597 4874.
On Sunday, a man attended Forest Gate police station and was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of collision and dangerous driving.
He was bailed to return on a date in July pending further enquiries.
Also this morning, an autopsy is due to be carried out on Radwan Uddin, nine, who died on Wednesday after he was fatally injured in a road accident in Manor Park.
He was on a bicycle with his 12-year-old brother in Woodhouse Grove when they were hit by a silver Mazda 3.
Anyone with information about this accident is asked to call 020 8597 4874 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.