Woman sexually assaulted on Central line in front of six-year-old daughter
- Credit: BTP
Police are appealing for information after a woman was sexually assaulted on the Tube as she was travelling with her six-year-old daughter.
The woman, in her 30s, was standing and talking with the little girl as they travelled on the Central line between Mile End and Leytonstone during the evening rush hour.
She was touched inappropriately by a man and when she turned to look at him, he started speaking to the girl to avoid confrontation.
Mum and daughter left the Tube at Leytonstone and the man continued speaking to them before returning to Stratford, where he boarded a DLR headed towards Woolwich Arsenal.
Officers investigating the incident, which took place at around 6.20pm on Tuesday, February 21, have now released an image of a man they believe may have information about what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him, or who witnessed what happened, should call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting reference number 228 03/05/2017.
Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 6 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking