Woman sexually assaulted on Central line in front of six-year-old daughter
- Credit: BTP
Police are appealing for information after a woman was sexually assaulted on the Tube as she was travelling with her six-year-old daughter.
The woman, in her 30s, was standing and talking with the little girl as they travelled on the Central line between Mile End and Leytonstone during the evening rush hour.
She was touched inappropriately by a man and when she turned to look at him, he started speaking to the girl to avoid confrontation.
Mum and daughter left the Tube at Leytonstone and the man continued speaking to them before returning to Stratford, where he boarded a DLR headed towards Woolwich Arsenal.
Officers investigating the incident, which took place at around 6.20pm on Tuesday, February 21, have now released an image of a man they believe may have information about what happened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him, or who witnessed what happened, should call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or text 61016, quoting reference number 228 03/05/2017.
Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber