Woman robbed of gold chains in Upton Park
A 57-year-old woman had two gold necklaces torn from her neck by cycle-riding robbers in Plashet Road, Upton Park.
The victim was approached from behind by two teenagers riding a black mountain bike.
They blocked her path and one snatched two gold necklaces, worth hundreds of pounds, from her neck. They fled towards Gwendoline Avenue, Upton Park.
The bike rider was a dark skinned black man, 5ft 8ins tall, aged 16. He was wearing a black padded jacket and black trousers.
His passenger is black aged 16-18 years, wearing a beige padded jacket and blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Of the incident on Monday October 17, Crime Prevention Officer Pc Brian Walker advised those who wear high value jewellery, to hide it under a coat or scarf.
For security purposes photograph your jewellery in natural light with a ruler beside it. You can register valuables for free at www.immobilise.com. It helps police identify owners of lost and stolen property. Updates you make are available to police.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham