Woman robbed in East Ham of gold necklace
A woman was robbed of her gold necklace at lunchtime in East Ham.
She was walking in Plashet Grove when a man walked up to her and suddenly grabbed her necklace from around her neck causing it to break. The robber fled towards the junction of High Street North.
A passer-by, who saw the robbery, tried to apprehend the suspect at the junction of High Street. He chased him into Tennyson Avenue where the robber jumped into a black Vauxhall Astra which drove away.
The robbery happened on June 6 at around 1.30pm.
The suspect is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, and aged between 20 and 25.
He wore a black hooded jumper, black tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
Robbery squad officers are hoping further witnesses will come forward.
- 1 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 2 E-fit released after woman sexually assaulted in Newham
- 3 Manor Park house fire leaves adults and child in hospital
- 4 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 7 London City Airport bid to ease Saturday flight ban sparks anger
- 8 Architects chosen to lead 1,750 home Canning Town masterplan design
- 9 Newham pupils 'celebrate community' by designing large playground mural
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Crimestoppers, where you can remain anonymous on 0800 555 111.