Woman robbed in East Ham of gold necklace
A woman was robbed of her gold necklace at lunchtime in East Ham.
She was walking in Plashet Grove when a man walked up to her and suddenly grabbed her necklace from around her neck causing it to break. The robber fled towards the junction of High Street North.
A passer-by, who saw the robbery, tried to apprehend the suspect at the junction of High Street. He chased him into Tennyson Avenue where the robber jumped into a black Vauxhall Astra which drove away.
The robbery happened on June 6 at around 1.30pm.
The suspect is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, and aged between 20 and 25.
You may also want to watch:
He wore a black hooded jumper, black tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
Robbery squad officers are hoping further witnesses will come forward.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 PC dismissed after vulnerable teenager hit with baton 'at least' 30 times
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Crimestoppers, where you can remain anonymous on 0800 555 111.