Woman robbed in East Ham of gold necklace
A woman was robbed of her gold necklace at lunchtime in East Ham.
She was walking in Plashet Grove when a man walked up to her and suddenly grabbed her necklace from around her neck causing it to break. The robber fled towards the junction of High Street North.
A passer-by, who saw the robbery, tried to apprehend the suspect at the junction of High Street. He chased him into Tennyson Avenue where the robber jumped into a black Vauxhall Astra which drove away.
The robbery happened on June 6 at around 1.30pm.
The suspect is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, and aged between 20 and 25.
You may also want to watch:
He wore a black hooded jumper, black tracksuit bottoms and black trainers.
Robbery squad officers are hoping further witnesses will come forward.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Crimestoppers, where you can remain anonymous on 0800 555 111.