Woman robbed and threatened with knife outside her own home in Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was threatened with a knife and robbed by two men while putting out rubbish in front of her home in Plaistow.
Officers have released an image following the attack on the 18-year-old woman in Dongola Road West on January 27 at about 9.10 in the morning.
The men left the property with jewellery and a quantity of cash.
The first man is described as a black man in his late teens to early twenties, 5ft 9 inches, wearing a blacked hooded top, black tracksuit bottoms and a black balaclava. He grabbed the victim and threatened her with a knife.
The second man, also wearing dark clothing and a balaclava, entered the property and searched bedrooms.
You may also want to watch:
The image released relates to the man who threatened the victim and detectives are hoping that someone recognises the man in the picture and is able to assist them with the investigation.
Detective Constable Matt Webb, from Newham CID, said: “The victim has been left extremely shaken by the incident. If anybody has any information about the incident we are keen to hear from you. The information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence.”
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 4 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 5 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
Anyone with any information is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting ref. 5302617/15.