Woman robbed and threatened with knife outside her own home in Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was threatened with a knife and robbed by two men while putting out rubbish in front of her home in Plaistow.
Officers have released an image following the attack on the 18-year-old woman in Dongola Road West on January 27 at about 9.10 in the morning.
The men left the property with jewellery and a quantity of cash.
The first man is described as a black man in his late teens to early twenties, 5ft 9 inches, wearing a blacked hooded top, black tracksuit bottoms and a black balaclava. He grabbed the victim and threatened her with a knife.
The second man, also wearing dark clothing and a balaclava, entered the property and searched bedrooms.
You may also want to watch:
The image released relates to the man who threatened the victim and detectives are hoping that someone recognises the man in the picture and is able to assist them with the investigation.
Detective Constable Matt Webb, from Newham CID, said: “The victim has been left extremely shaken by the incident. If anybody has any information about the incident we are keen to hear from you. The information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases
Anyone with any information is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting ref. 5302617/15.