Woman robbed and threatened with knife outside her own home in Plaistow
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was threatened with a knife and robbed by two men while putting out rubbish in front of her home in Plaistow.
Officers have released an image following the attack on the 18-year-old woman in Dongola Road West on January 27 at about 9.10 in the morning.
The men left the property with jewellery and a quantity of cash.
The first man is described as a black man in his late teens to early twenties, 5ft 9 inches, wearing a blacked hooded top, black tracksuit bottoms and a black balaclava. He grabbed the victim and threatened her with a knife.
The second man, also wearing dark clothing and a balaclava, entered the property and searched bedrooms.
You may also want to watch:
The image released relates to the man who threatened the victim and detectives are hoping that someone recognises the man in the picture and is able to assist them with the investigation.
Detective Constable Matt Webb, from Newham CID, said: “The victim has been left extremely shaken by the incident. If anybody has any information about the incident we are keen to hear from you. The information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
Anyone with any information is asked to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting ref. 5302617/15.