Woman raped five times by Stratford man she met on dating website, court hears
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
An au pair was repeatedly raped after moving in with a man she met on a dating website, a court heard.
Fred Ojara, aged 33, of Henniker Road, Stratford, wined and dined the 25-year-old in a “whirlwind romance” as she went to live with him after just a single meeting whilst he lived in Ilford.
But he exploded in violence when the Swedish woman refused to have sex with him, forcing himself on her five times in one night, the Old Bailey was told. Ojara denies five counts of rape.
The woman met the defendant on a dating website called Oasis.
Prosecutor Neena Crinnion said: “What happened can only be described as a whirlwind romance.”
You may also want to watch:
Within a couple of days Mr Ojara visited her in Portsmouth and she moved in with him on October 26 last year.
He treated her to shopping trips and meals out but their relationship turned sour when she refused to have sex with him two days later.
- 1 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 2 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
Ms Crinnion continued: “She began to pick up a sense of his controlling personality. By the time they returned to the flat that evening, the pair were squabbling and there was talk of her moving out.”
Ojara raped her later the same evening, holding her down as she desperately struggled to get away, the court heard.
“He grabbed her throat and began to squeeze. She says everything went black and she started hyperventilating. She couldn’t see because she couldn’t breathe.”
When she was able to scream Ojara is said to have told her: “If you don’t shut up I’m going to kill you.”
He raped her four more times, the court heard, and she suffered extensive bruising to her arms, legs and neck.
The next morning the woman convinced Ojara she was ill and to take her to a walk-in clinic, where she told the doctor she had been raped.
Ojara was arrested in the waiting room after police were called.
When interviewed, Ojara denied raping her and claimed her injuries were picked up through self-harm or when she fell over, jurors were told.
The trial continues.