Woman raped five times by Stratford man she met on dating website, court hears
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
An au pair was repeatedly raped after moving in with a man she met on a dating website, a court heard.
Fred Ojara, aged 33, of Henniker Road, Stratford, wined and dined the 25-year-old in a “whirlwind romance” as she went to live with him after just a single meeting whilst he lived in Ilford.
But he exploded in violence when the Swedish woman refused to have sex with him, forcing himself on her five times in one night, the Old Bailey was told. Ojara denies five counts of rape.
The woman met the defendant on a dating website called Oasis.
Prosecutor Neena Crinnion said: “What happened can only be described as a whirlwind romance.”
Within a couple of days Mr Ojara visited her in Portsmouth and she moved in with him on October 26 last year.
He treated her to shopping trips and meals out but their relationship turned sour when she refused to have sex with him two days later.
- 1 Newham primary schools top national league tables
- 2 Canning Town fire 'involving freezer' prompts safety warnings
- 3 'Strict licensing laws and pandemic to blame for Newham exodus,' letting agent claims
- 4 £1m Newham lottery ticket winner finally claims their jackpot prize
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 O's boss Jackett heaps praise on entire side not just Drinan and Smith
- 9 Report: 'Significant improvement' in Newham's parks
- 10 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
Ms Crinnion continued: “She began to pick up a sense of his controlling personality. By the time they returned to the flat that evening, the pair were squabbling and there was talk of her moving out.”
Ojara raped her later the same evening, holding her down as she desperately struggled to get away, the court heard.
“He grabbed her throat and began to squeeze. She says everything went black and she started hyperventilating. She couldn’t see because she couldn’t breathe.”
When she was able to scream Ojara is said to have told her: “If you don’t shut up I’m going to kill you.”
He raped her four more times, the court heard, and she suffered extensive bruising to her arms, legs and neck.
The next morning the woman convinced Ojara she was ill and to take her to a walk-in clinic, where she told the doctor she had been raped.
Ojara was arrested in the waiting room after police were called.
When interviewed, Ojara denied raping her and claimed her injuries were picked up through self-harm or when she fell over, jurors were told.
The trial continues.