Police appeal after woman hit by stolen car
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was hit by a stolen car in Custom House.
The pedestrian, in her 50s, was taken to hospital after being injured in Nottingham Avenue shortly before midday yesterday (Saturday).
Police were called to the residential street to reports of a vehicle theft, with the woman hurt as the black Mercedes Vitto was being driven away.
It is believed that the car - which has the number plate WR12 LDO - was driven towards Prince Regent Lane.
The injured woman was taken to a central London hospital. Her injuries are not life threatening or changing.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made, but police are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area and may have witnessed the incident.
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting CAD3150/9JUN19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed