Police appeal after woman hit by stolen car
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was hit by a stolen car in Custom House.
The pedestrian, in her 50s, was taken to hospital after being injured in Nottingham Avenue shortly before midday yesterday (Saturday).
Police were called to the residential street to reports of a vehicle theft, with the woman hurt as the black Mercedes Vitto was being driven away.
It is believed that the car - which has the number plate WR12 LDO - was driven towards Prince Regent Lane.
The injured woman was taken to a central London hospital. Her injuries are not life threatening or changing.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made, but police are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area and may have witnessed the incident.
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting CAD3150/9JUN19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing