Woman rescued after being held hostage by ‘gunman’ in Stratford
- Credit: Twitter @LillieRoseParry
A woman has been rescued after being held hostage by a man thought to be in possession of a gun.
Police, including armed officers, were called to a residential address in Romford Road, Stratford, shortly after 1.30pm.
The woman was found safe and well, with a man arrested at the scene on suspicion of false imprisonment.
He has been taken to an east London police station while officers search the building.
No firearm has yet been recovered despite the initial reports to police indicating that one may have been present.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon remains in place, and the incident is not being treated as terror related.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate
- 6 Covid funding boost for Newham homeless and young people charities
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 West Ham reach Continental Cup last four with win over Durham