Woman rescued after being held hostage by ‘gunman’ in Stratford
- Credit: Twitter @LillieRoseParry
A woman has been rescued after being held hostage by a man thought to be in possession of a gun.
Police, including armed officers, were called to a residential address in Romford Road, Stratford, shortly after 1.30pm.
The woman was found safe and well, with a man arrested at the scene on suspicion of false imprisonment.
He has been taken to an east London police station while officers search the building.
No firearm has yet been recovered despite the initial reports to police indicating that one may have been present.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon remains in place, and the incident is not being treated as terror related.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families