Woman rescued after being held hostage by ‘gunman’ in Stratford
- Credit: Twitter @LillieRoseParry
A woman has been rescued after being held hostage by a man thought to be in possession of a gun.
Police, including armed officers, were called to a residential address in Romford Road, Stratford, shortly after 1.30pm.
The woman was found safe and well, with a man arrested at the scene on suspicion of false imprisonment.
He has been taken to an east London police station while officers search the building.
No firearm has yet been recovered despite the initial reports to police indicating that one may have been present.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon remains in place, and the incident is not being treated as terror related.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking