Woman pushed from behind in Canning Town street by man who followed her home from Shadwell station
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are investigating after a woman was followed home on the DLR by a man who then pushed her from behind in the street.
The 37-year-old, who was travelling home after work, boarded a train at Shadwell station at around 6.15pm when she noticed another passenger appeared to be following her.
She left the train at Canning Town and quickly got back on in a bid to lose the man, but he copied her actions.
When she left at Royal Victoria, she asked two men she did not know to walk with her towards her home as she was worried that she was being followed.
They did so, accompanying her to Butchers Road before leaving her to carry on alone.
You may also want to watch:
She was then approached from behind and pushed by the man who had been following her. He then went back in the direction of Royal Victoria station.
The woman was taken to hospital with minor injuries including bruising on her face and a broken tooth.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
Officers are treating the incident as ABH and are keeping an open mind about the motive, as none of the woman’s belongings were stolen.
Police are now asking for the two men who accompanied her home on the evening of Friday, April 17 to come forward, and are keen to stress the men are being sought as witnesses and not as suspects.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5ft 2ins tall and of slim build.
He was wearing a grey hooded top with a dark coloured navy jacket, a burgundy hat, and grey jogging bottoms with dark stripes down the leg.
The two men who walked with the women are described as a white man wearing a white puffer jacket, rucksack and black trousers, and a black man wearing a black jacket, black trousers and carrying a Sainsbury’s bag.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Anyone with information that could assist police is asked to call 101 ref CAD 6121/17 Apr.