Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a woman was stabbed to death in East Ham.
Police were called to the junction of Barking Road and Altmore Avenue at around 12.45am today (Thursday, March 19).
They found a woman in her 20s with serious stab injuries. She was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service where she later died.
Enquiries are underway to establish her identity and inform her next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
A crime scene is currently in place and detectives from the specialist crime unit have been informed.
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 213/19Mar or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies