Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a woman was stabbed to death in East Ham.
Police were called to the junction of Barking Road and Altmore Avenue at around 12.45am today (Thursday, March 19).
They found a woman in her 20s with serious stab injuries. She was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service where she later died.
Enquiries are underway to establish her identity and inform her next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene is currently in place and detectives from the specialist crime unit have been informed.
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 213/19Mar or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 7 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding