Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a woman was stabbed to death in East Ham.
Police were called to the junction of Barking Road and Altmore Avenue at around 12.45am today (Thursday, March 19).
They found a woman in her 20s with serious stab injuries. She was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service where she later died.
Enquiries are underway to establish her identity and inform her next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene is currently in place and detectives from the specialist crime unit have been informed.
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 213/19Mar or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 9 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years