Murder investigation launched after woman stabbed in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a woman was stabbed to death in East Ham.
Police were called to the junction of Barking Road and Altmore Avenue at around 12.45am today (Thursday, March 19).
They found a woman in her 20s with serious stab injuries. She was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service where she later died.
Enquiries are underway to establish her identity and inform her next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene is currently in place and detectives from the specialist crime unit have been informed.
Any witnesses are asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 213/19Mar or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London