Woman charged over �40,000 City Airport cocaine seizure
A woman has been charged with attempting to smuggle �40,000-worth of cocaine into the UK through the Royal Docks-based London City Airport.
Catherine Gibson, 57, was arrested after she arrived on a flight from Amsterdam on Sunday.
She had previously flown to the Netherlands from Argentina.
Around one kilo of the drug was discovered in wrapped packages inside a suitcase.
Gibson, of Queen Margaret Drive, Glenrothes, was charged with attempting to import class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
She was due to appear before Crawley magistrates today.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood