Woman charged over �40,000 City Airport cocaine seizure
A woman has been charged with attempting to smuggle �40,000-worth of cocaine into the UK through the Royal Docks-based London City Airport.
Catherine Gibson, 57, was arrested after she arrived on a flight from Amsterdam on Sunday.
She had previously flown to the Netherlands from Argentina.
Around one kilo of the drug was discovered in wrapped packages inside a suitcase.
Gibson, of Queen Margaret Drive, Glenrothes, was charged with attempting to import class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
She was due to appear before Crawley magistrates today.
- 1 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 2 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 3 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 4 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 5 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Town hall chief says Newham 'doing everything it can' to ensure polling is 'safe and fair'
- 9 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 10 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip