Woman blasted with shotgun in E16 robbery attempt
A WOMAN was blasted with a shotgun during an armed robbery attempt in Canning Town.
The 22-year-old was fired on as she sat in her car in Ivy Road at around 5.30pm on Monday.
She suffered a small head wound and remains in hospital.
Detectives say she was fortunate not have been more seriously injured and are appealing for information.
The woman had returned to her vehicle carrying a day’s taking for a local company, when two men, believed to be part of a group of around 20, approached the car.
You may also want to watch:
She locked the doors, but the pair banged on the vehicle before one fired a shotgun through one of its windows.
The suspects then made off - without the cash - down an alley leading to Butchers Row.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
Both are described as black and aged between 18 and 20.
The gunman was wearing a red and white scarf and a black hoodie.
His accomplice had a short afro hair cut and short facial hair and was wearing a dark blue Adidas tracksuit with light blue stripes.
Det Sgt Steve Desmond, from Trident, said: “This is a very serious incident, where an innocent women could have so easily lost her life over such a small amount of money.
“She was very fortunate not to have been injured more seriously, but the next person might not be so lucky.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.