Woman arrested in east London in connection with Westmister terror attack is bailed
- Credit: PA
Police investigating Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood have released a woman arrested in east London in connection with the attack on bail.
The 39-year-old was one of 11 people arrested in a series of raids on suspicion of preparation of terrorist acts.
Officers are continuing to search one home in east London, while investigations at another have concluded.
The update comes as the Met released an image of Masood, also known as Adrian Elms and Adrian Russell Ajao, and appealed for anyone who knew him to come forward.
Acting Dep Comm Mark Rowley said: “Whilst there is no evidence of further threats you will understand our determination to find out if he either acted totally alone inspired by terrorist propaganda or if others have encouraged, supported or directed him.
“At this point I want to appeal specifically to the public.
“We remain keen to hear from anyone who knew Khalid Masood well; understands who his associates were; and can provide us with information about places he has recently visited
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 We need a couple of bodies says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 3 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 4 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 5 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 6 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 7 West Ham 'couldn't get near' City says Moyes
- 8 Leyton Orient 'got away with one' at Crawley says Wellens
- 9 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
“There might well be people out there who did have concerns about Masood but weren’t sure or didn’t feel comfortable for whatever reason in passing information to us.
“I urge anyone with such information to contact us the Anti-Terrorist hotline which is 0800 789 321.”