Boy, 17, stabbed after refusing to hand over his jacket to robber in East Ham
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating a stabbing in East Ham have released an image today of a suspect they want to question about the incident.
A teenager was stabbed under his arm and his collar bone after leaving McDonalds restaurant in the Gateway retail park in Claps Gate Lane, near the A13 Newham Way, at 7pm on October 8.
A man with a knife demanded the jacket the 17-year-old was wearing and lunged at him when he refused.
The teenager was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
The man police are looking for is black, aged 15 to 22, around 5ft 3ins tall and had a moustache. He was wearing a dark blue hooded jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is being asked to call 101 or go to Twitter @MetCC, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate