Boy, 17, stabbed after refusing to hand over his jacket to robber in East Ham
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating a stabbing in East Ham have released an image today of a suspect they want to question about the incident.
A teenager was stabbed under his arm and his collar bone after leaving McDonalds restaurant in the Gateway retail park in Claps Gate Lane, near the A13 Newham Way, at 7pm on October 8.
A man with a knife demanded the jacket the 17-year-old was wearing and lunged at him when he refused.
The teenager was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
The man police are looking for is black, aged 15 to 22, around 5ft 3ins tall and had a moustache. He was wearing a dark blue hooded jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is being asked to call 101 or go to Twitter @MetCC, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals