Boy, 17, stabbed after refusing to hand over his jacket to robber in East Ham
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating a stabbing in East Ham have released an image today of a suspect they want to question about the incident.
A teenager was stabbed under his arm and his collar bone after leaving McDonalds restaurant in the Gateway retail park in Claps Gate Lane, near the A13 Newham Way, at 7pm on October 8.
A man with a knife demanded the jacket the 17-year-old was wearing and lunged at him when he refused.
The teenager was taken to hospital and has since been discharged.
The man police are looking for is black, aged 15 to 22, around 5ft 3ins tall and had a moustache. He was wearing a dark blue hooded jacket.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anyone with information is being asked to call 101 or go to Twitter @MetCC, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 10 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k