Wife of Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood ‘saddened and shockened’ by attack
- Credit: Archant
The wife of the man who killed four people in a shock terrorist act has said she is “saddened and shocked” by her husband’s actions.
Rohey Hydara, believed to be the second wife of Khalid Masood, today broke her silence to condemn the Westminster attack.
“I am saddened and shocked by what Khalid has done. I totally condemn his actions,” she said through a statement to the Metropolitan Police. “I express my condolences to the families of the victims that have died, and wish a speedy recovery to all the injured.”
Masood, 52, mowed down pedestrians on Westminster Bridge with a hired car last Wednesday before fatally stabbing a policeman outside Parliament. He died at the scene after being shot by a police officer.
Ms Hydara added: “I would like to request privacy for our family, especially the children, at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The 39-year-old was arrested in Stratford’s East Village on Thursday as part of a police round-up of suspected associates of the terrorist, but has since been released without charge.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 8 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe