Wife of Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood ‘saddened and shockened’ by attack
- Credit: Archant
The wife of the man who killed four people in a shock terrorist act has said she is “saddened and shocked” by her husband’s actions.
Rohey Hydara, believed to be the second wife of Khalid Masood, today broke her silence to condemn the Westminster attack.
“I am saddened and shocked by what Khalid has done. I totally condemn his actions,” she said through a statement to the Metropolitan Police. “I express my condolences to the families of the victims that have died, and wish a speedy recovery to all the injured.”
Masood, 52, mowed down pedestrians on Westminster Bridge with a hired car last Wednesday before fatally stabbing a policeman outside Parliament. He died at the scene after being shot by a police officer.
Ms Hydara added: “I would like to request privacy for our family, especially the children, at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The 39-year-old was arrested in Stratford’s East Village on Thursday as part of a police round-up of suspected associates of the terrorist, but has since been released without charge.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum