Wife of Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood ‘saddened and shockened’ by attack
- Credit: Archant
The wife of the man who killed four people in a shock terrorist act has said she is “saddened and shocked” by her husband’s actions.
Rohey Hydara, believed to be the second wife of Khalid Masood, today broke her silence to condemn the Westminster attack.
“I am saddened and shocked by what Khalid has done. I totally condemn his actions,” she said through a statement to the Metropolitan Police. “I express my condolences to the families of the victims that have died, and wish a speedy recovery to all the injured.”
Masood, 52, mowed down pedestrians on Westminster Bridge with a hired car last Wednesday before fatally stabbing a policeman outside Parliament. He died at the scene after being shot by a police officer.
Ms Hydara added: “I would like to request privacy for our family, especially the children, at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The 39-year-old was arrested in Stratford’s East Village on Thursday as part of a police round-up of suspected associates of the terrorist, but has since been released without charge.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder