East Ham woman, 73, charged with the murder of her husband
- Credit: Archant
A 73-year-old woman has been charged with murdering her husband.
Packiam Ramanathan of Burges Road, East Ham, was charged after police found the body of 76-year-old Kanagusabi Ramanathan at the same address on Friday.
She was taken into custody and is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
Paramedics called police to the Burges Road property at 2.21pm on Friday. Officers found a man dead with serious head injuries. His wife was arrested shortly afterwards.
Police said a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
The victim has yet to be formally identified.
Det Ch Insp Chris Soole said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have information that could help us piece together the chain of events that led to a man losing his life.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
“In particular, I’d like to hear from anyone who had contact with the defendant or victim in the days and hours leading up to this event.”
Call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.