East Ham woman, 73, charged with the murder of her husband
- Credit: Archant
A 73-year-old woman has been charged with murdering her husband.
Packiam Ramanathan of Burges Road, East Ham, was charged after police found the body of 76-year-old Kanagusabi Ramanathan at the same address on Friday.
She was taken into custody and is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
Paramedics called police to the Burges Road property at 2.21pm on Friday. Officers found a man dead with serious head injuries. His wife was arrested shortly afterwards.
Police said a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The victim has yet to be formally identified.
Det Ch Insp Chris Soole said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have information that could help us piece together the chain of events that led to a man losing his life.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum
“In particular, I’d like to hear from anyone who had contact with the defendant or victim in the days and hours leading up to this event.”
Call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.