East Ham woman, 73, charged with the murder of her husband
- Credit: Archant
A 73-year-old woman has been charged with murdering her husband.
Packiam Ramanathan of Burges Road, East Ham, was charged after police found the body of 76-year-old Kanagusabi Ramanathan at the same address on Friday.
She was taken into custody and is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
Paramedics called police to the Burges Road property at 2.21pm on Friday. Officers found a man dead with serious head injuries. His wife was arrested shortly afterwards.
Police said a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The victim has yet to be formally identified.
Det Ch Insp Chris Soole said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have information that could help us piece together the chain of events that led to a man losing his life.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
“In particular, I’d like to hear from anyone who had contact with the defendant or victim in the days and hours leading up to this event.”
Call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.