East Ham woman, 73, charged with the murder of her husband
- Credit: Archant
A 73-year-old woman has been charged with murdering her husband.
Packiam Ramanathan of Burges Road, East Ham, was charged after police found the body of 76-year-old Kanagusabi Ramanathan at the same address on Friday.
She was taken into custody and is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later today.
Paramedics called police to the Burges Road property at 2.21pm on Friday. Officers found a man dead with serious head injuries. His wife was arrested shortly afterwards.
Police said a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The victim has yet to be formally identified.
Det Ch Insp Chris Soole said: “I would like to appeal to anyone who may have information that could help us piece together the chain of events that led to a man losing his life.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 3 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 4 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 5 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 6 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light
- 7 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 8 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 9 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
“In particular, I’d like to hear from anyone who had contact with the defendant or victim in the days and hours leading up to this event.”
Call 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.