‘Wheelie’ stunt biker from Stratford is jailed for killing woman, 73, on busy road
- Credit: MPS
Uninsured motorcyclist Ahrrus Hussain killed a 73-year-old grandmother while pulling a wheelie on a busy main road.
His stunt riding the bike just on its back wheel has landed him a jail stretch of four years and nine months.
The 28-year-old from Densham Road, Stratford, admitted causing Raxmo Sharif’s death by dangerous driving in July last year.
Mrs Sharif died from multiple injuries at Whipps Cross Hospital hours after the incident in Leytonstone High Road.
Hussain himself was treated in hospital for minor injuries and discharged, then later arrested.
You may also want to watch:
But while on bail, he was prosecuted for driving an Audi car at 132mph on the A1 the following month, Snaresbrook crown court heard. It contravened his bail conditions.
Det Sgt Stuart Henson, from the Met’s Road Death Investigation unit, said after Tuesday’s court hearing: “Hussain’s dangerous and unacceptable riding caused fatal injuries to an innocent pedestrian.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
He paid tribute to Mrs Sharif’s family for “their resolve throughout the enquiry”.
Hussain was also given 12-months for driving while uninsured, both sentences to run together, and banned from driving for seven years.