‘Wheelie’ stunt biker from Stratford is jailed for killing woman, 73, on busy road
- Credit: MPS
Uninsured motorcyclist Ahrrus Hussain killed a 73-year-old grandmother while pulling a wheelie on a busy main road.
His stunt riding the bike just on its back wheel has landed him a jail stretch of four years and nine months.
The 28-year-old from Densham Road, Stratford, admitted causing Raxmo Sharif’s death by dangerous driving in July last year.
Mrs Sharif died from multiple injuries at Whipps Cross Hospital hours after the incident in Leytonstone High Road.
Hussain himself was treated in hospital for minor injuries and discharged, then later arrested.
You may also want to watch:
But while on bail, he was prosecuted for driving an Audi car at 132mph on the A1 the following month, Snaresbrook crown court heard. It contravened his bail conditions.
Det Sgt Stuart Henson, from the Met’s Road Death Investigation unit, said after Tuesday’s court hearing: “Hussain’s dangerous and unacceptable riding caused fatal injuries to an innocent pedestrian.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
He paid tribute to Mrs Sharif’s family for “their resolve throughout the enquiry”.
Hussain was also given 12-months for driving while uninsured, both sentences to run together, and banned from driving for seven years.