Teenage girls sexually assaulted after being followed around Westfield Stratford City
- Credit: Met Police
Police are hunting a man believed to have followed teenage girls around Westfield Stratford City before sexually assaulting them.
Officers believe the same man was involved each time and have released an image of him in a bid to identify him - as well as encourage other potential victims to come forward.
Across a two week period in July, three teenagers - two aged 15 and one aged 18 - were followed around the shopping centre before being sexually assaulted over their clothing.
Det Con Paul Newton, who is leading the investigation, said: “This was a hideous set of sexual assaults on young girls out enjoying a day in the shopping centre.
“The suspect has deliberately targeted women alone and has gone to some length to pursue them.
You may also want to watch:
“If you know who he is or have also been a victim, I would urge you to get in touch.”
Anyone who recognises the man pictured or who has information is asked to call police on 07564 613 966 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing