West Ham woman racially abused by train gang
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a gang of men who racially abused a young woman on a late night train.
The 21-year-old boarded an overground train at West Ham at 10.44pm on Saturday April 20 when she was targeted by a group of six or seven men in their early 20s.
Officers are keen to talk to witnesses who saw the men get on the train at Rainham shortly before 11pm and start insulting the woman - also from West Ham - because of her race.
Police said the group were wearing jeans, hooded tops, and chequered shirts and they are studying CCTV of the journey.
British Transport Pc Gary Martin, investigating, said: “Understandably, this person was left very shaken and upset by this encounter, and we will do everything in our power to find those responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 0800 405040 quoting B5/LNA of 25/04/2013 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 9 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London