West Ham woman racially abused by train gang
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a gang of men who racially abused a young woman on a late night train.
The 21-year-old boarded an overground train at West Ham at 10.44pm on Saturday April 20 when she was targeted by a group of six or seven men in their early 20s.
Officers are keen to talk to witnesses who saw the men get on the train at Rainham shortly before 11pm and start insulting the woman - also from West Ham - because of her race.
Police said the group were wearing jeans, hooded tops, and chequered shirts and they are studying CCTV of the journey.
British Transport Pc Gary Martin, investigating, said: “Understandably, this person was left very shaken and upset by this encounter, and we will do everything in our power to find those responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 0800 405040 quoting B5/LNA of 25/04/2013 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings