West Ham woman racially abused by train gang
- Credit: Archant
Police are searching for a gang of men who racially abused a young woman on a late night train.
The 21-year-old boarded an overground train at West Ham at 10.44pm on Saturday April 20 when she was targeted by a group of six or seven men in their early 20s.
Officers are keen to talk to witnesses who saw the men get on the train at Rainham shortly before 11pm and start insulting the woman - also from West Ham - because of her race.
Police said the group were wearing jeans, hooded tops, and chequered shirts and they are studying CCTV of the journey.
British Transport Pc Gary Martin, investigating, said: “Understandably, this person was left very shaken and upset by this encounter, and we will do everything in our power to find those responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call 0800 405040 quoting B5/LNA of 25/04/2013 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes