West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault.
The Senegalese international was taken into custody on Thursday, national media have claimed.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday 6 August at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances.
He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Arsenal, despite supposedly having been arrested three days before.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
The club has declined to comment.