West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault.
The Senegalese international was taken into custody on Thursday, national media have claimed.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday 6 August at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances.
He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Arsenal, despite supposedly having been arrested three days before.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
The club has declined to comment.