West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault.
The Senegalese international was taken into custody on Thursday, national media have claimed.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday 6 August at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances.
He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Arsenal, despite supposedly having been arrested three days before.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 8 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
The club has declined to comment.