West Ham striker Diafra Sakho ‘arrested on suspicion of assault’
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of assault.
The Senegalese international was taken into custody on Thursday, national media have claimed.
A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “Officers from Tower Hamlets have arrested a man on suspicion of common assault, criminal damage and malicious communication.
“The 25-year-old was arrested on Thursday 6 August at an address in Emerson Park, Hornchurch.
“He was taken to an east London police station and has been bailed to a date in late September.”
You may also want to watch:
Sakho joined the Hammers last summer, scoring 10 goals for the team in 24 appearances.
He played 89 minutes in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Arsenal, despite supposedly having been arrested three days before.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
The club has declined to comment.